Sunday, May 20, 2007

Where in the world...?

Searching through YouTube for some funny, original videos, I came across a gem today. "Where the hell is Matt?" It's about a 30 year old guy who decides to quit his job in Brisbane and travel all over the world. The video shows him dancing in some of the remotest, most beautiful places on earth. It made me smile.
It's not just the goofy dancing, it's his attitude and risk-taking that really inspired me and brightened a cloudy Sunday. I searched for more info on him and across an interview, where he says things like,"I used to be a video game designer, but I wasn't happy. I decided to quit and travel all over the world until my last penny ran out. I guess the hardest part of the trip was actually deciding to go. Once you've decided to actually undertake a big journey, the rest is much easier. You'd also be amazed at how safe and cheap the world can actually be."
He's still travelling. Of course, his video made him famous and everything, but he is still not rich and only works part-time as a video gamer and website designer, to make ends meet.
wherethehellismatt.com is a cool website, where he describes his travels in details. I envy him. There are still so many places that I want to see, someday.


If you watch the video, the most touching scene is where he is dancing with little kids in Rwanda. I don't know, it just seemed like such a simple, happy moment.


I guess what I'm trying to say is that I hope to never stop travelling. The good thing with being a teacher is that I can pretty much count on having super long holidays for the summer, so I expect to see a little more of the world, bit by bit.


Travelling is like a drug, really. It gives you such a high to be in a different part of the world, to discover new foods, smells, sights, etc. It's a rush. Once you've been bitten by the travel bug, you can't stop moving around (at least I can't). I know I'll be sedentary in Canada for a while until I finish Teacher's Ed and get a good job, but I'll be booking those tickets as soon as I've got some moolah and a few days off.


Speaking of travelling, I just remembered that I need to get a Lonely Planet Guide for Italy.


H xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter where we are-I want to make romance inside of you.