Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bohemian Like You

HAPPY 2ND SPANISH ANNIVERSARY, CHIQUITITA!
Exactly 2 years ago, I set foot on hot, spanish soil. Excitement and fear were in my bones, but I was prepared to make the most of my time here. And boy, did I ever. There are too many great memories that I experienced, too many great people that I met here. I'm glad that I also kept a paper journal to record all of my weekly doings.
I feel so...blessed. Happy. I'll leave Spain with a big fat smile on my face (and probably a sad tear or two) knowing that my stay here was a success.
These experiences made me realize that I've changed in many good ways. I'm much stronger mentally (perhaps even physically from lifting all of those disgustingly heavy suitcases?) and know that I can make it on my own. Being away from all those you really love gives one time to think, and yes...it was hard in the beginning, but it always is a bit, ain't it? Then it gets easier.
I want to say thank you to my friends and loved ones who read this blog. I'm glad I kept close contact with all of you...thanks for the post cards, the letters, the emails, etc...it was appreciated.
Oh, the Knoo wants me to let you all know that she says hi. Ok, ok...now get off my lap, Knoo.
Today I'm celebrating with the kids the last day of school...bought some little cakes, sweets, kinder chocolate...they should be happy.
I know I am.
xoxoxoxoxo H

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hot

Anonymous said...

oh, great... he's back again.

anyway, glad you've had a good couple years. I've enjoyed them and I'm sure everyone else has read intently.

enjoy the rest of the travels.

s.