Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Can every week be this short?

Well, it´s 3:05 p.m. right now and I still have another hour to kill until I have to go to the academy (that´s right ladies and gents, 2 classes got cancelled today). I will still have a long evening, but it is nice to be home during the middle of the day for a change.
Tomorrow I am leaving for Madrid in the early afternoon, how nice! :) I am really looking forward to that: hooray for Madrid discotecas! I am also going to take nice little strolls through the ginormous city with my friends...it will be so nice to see them again :) Too bad Jason is going to Rome tomorrow, but hopefully I will see him in early 2006 sometime since he is planning on coming to visit me:P
I am counting the days for my trip to Germany, it will be so awesome! I need to get away from it all again, and spending a nice xmas in Germany will be great :) The decorations are really special there and the food will be out-of-this-world.
Dammit. I always get a bit tired around this time...must be because I always finish eating at around this time.
On another note, it looks like we may be getting another new teacher in the new year...I saw an ad from my academy online, and it said that they were looking for another esl teacher. That should be interesting...I love meeting new peeps, and we have a great team where we work...hopefully the new addition will fit well with the rest of us.
I am planning on going to Gijon, Asturias on the 17th of Dec....probably just for a day and a half or something...it´s a long bus ride, but it is supposed to be really beautiful there...it´s in the north-west of Spain...I am actually pretty excited about it. If I wasn´t going to see my friends this weekend I would have gone to Gijon...but that place can wait another week or so ;) I remember that Shane and I had seen some ads about Asturias when we were in Barcelona...and it made us think of Ireland (probably because, along with all of the green hills and rocky cliffs, they were playing Irish music and an Irish setter was running all over the place, LOL). So yeah, that will probably be the next big trip on my list. :)
Man, like I have said to myself a trillion times before, I better enjoy this month because I will have no holidays for about 3 months after this...so yeah, party it up to the max and enjoy the time spent with family and friends!
On yet another note, the temperatures here are still awesome. I can still enjoy 8 degree temperatures, that´s about the normal highs for December here. Man, for me, this sure doesn´t feel like the month of December...I really wonder how January and February will feel (ugh, those are the worst months ever in my opinion).
I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire last night...and it was pretty good. The only thing is that they are getting old and the bath scene was just a bit too pre-pubescent for me. What´s in the 5th installment, Harry having a mud fight with his teen-queen? And then going skinny dipping in the river to wash off? I don´t know...I felt kinda uncomfortable for some reason, watching that part...weird. It was a great entertaining movie overall, yet the ending was drawn out and too long. They should have also given Alan Rickman more screen time:P. What an awesome actor. Nevertheless, a good movie to watch on a brainless evening...
Oh man. I love Christmas. I can´t wait to just get into a plane, ANY plane, and just go somewhere...I can´t wait to land in Dusseldorf and see my loved ones. I hope to have a great Xmas with them :) The last time I was there for Xmas was in 95...yikes. I was 13. A wee teenager...man.
Well, the next time I shall write will be probably sometime late next week...:) see you all soon enough...time flies quicker than we think.
Love H oxoxoxoxo

2 comments:

Clara said...

Love ya too pieces my love, but man do u right "oh man" and "man" a lot! Its not like they deserve that much praise... trust me! lol

Heidi said...

;) I would like to take this opportunity to indicate to you that you also used that word in your comment...that´s ok, I still love you :P