Friday, December 02, 2005

December will be AMAZING

Well, well...here I am again! The intensives are over! I must honestly say that both of my intensives groups were awesome, the guys were just really nice and a blast to teach. Last night, to celebrate the end of the 2nd intensive group, we all went out together (all students and teachers) and went "bar hopping" a-la-Español, LOL. It was really fun, the military guys paid for all of our drinks and tapas. Logroño has such great food! It was a great night overall, we went to about 4 different bars and then went dancing at this great little club here called "Graf". We ended up staying until 4 a.m. :P I got to practice my Spanish a lot with the guys; we actually practiced all together (us teachers) since we would speak Spanish with them and they would respond in English back to us. Fun times, fun times...great music as well! When Madonna´s song "Hung Up" came on, I really let loose, lol. They also played a lot of great Spanish music as well.
Tonight was a great night as well. I just got back from a nice dinner with my friends Gavin, Dearbhla and Maria-Jose. We went to this great little restaurant called "La Gotta de Vino" (I am sure that you can all translate that :P). For 21 euros (that was the TOTAL FOR ALL 3 OF US) we ate like royalty. People, I swear to God, come to Spain...the people are friendly, life is relaxing and the food is incredible (vegetarians stay away though).
I am going to a concert this Monday night with everybody...should be fun; it´s only 2 Euros and it will be held at the new Plaza de Toros (bullfighting ring) which is really close to my apartment building! I don´t really know who the singer is, but to be honest I couldn´t care less...I just want to do something different this Monday night with the gang...and since next week is a super short work week (I am going to Madrid next Thursday morning to see my old buddies again since it´s a holiday week...I am only working 2 days next week! yay!) what better way to kick off the celebrations than with a nice Spanish concert?
I feel really blesssed working with such great people. I can count on them for anything, really sweet people in every sense of the word. :)
Just by looking at the calendar for the month of December, I can tell that it will be spectacular....I am also super excited about the fact that I will be going to Madrid again soon...I can´t wait to see Randy, Vince and Kitty again (plus some other peeps as well). And then, on the 23rd: Germany! Yoohooo! Man, this month will be GRAND, as Dearbhla would say.
There are more Xmas decorations now...it´s funny. Dearbhla was saying how there are more decorations this year than the last...and I just looked at her and said: It´s because I´m here now, of course :P My spirit of Xmas is quite strong, lol...maybe it has an effect on the people here, hehehehehhe who knows.
In short: Long Live Decembers and Xmas.
One last thing: wooohooo!
love H xoxoxo

No comments: