Thursday, February 10, 2011

Here comes the sun, little darling

...but back here in Canada, it's still pretty frickin' cold. The students had indoor recesses ALL DAY. You know what that means. Yeah. Hyper doesn't begin to describe it.

At least it's already mid-February. I know, I know. I shouldn't wish my life away, but dammit, I am a person of light and warmth. I can't believe my former Spanish roommates are enjoying 19 degrees right now...while I am on the complete opposite of that thermometer.

At least the days are getting longer! :) Oh, and one more week until we get to enjoy our jacuzzi...ahhh, that will be sweet.

Incidentally, if you're asking, no. The ticket prices still haven't budged. They are still sitting pretty at 995 dollars...meh. Not bad, not great. I'm inclined to wait some more. I've signed up for travel alerts, so let's see what they can tell me.

Work is going well...busy and tiring at times, but good. I love what I do. You have your good days and bad days, but the good usually wins over. Overall, I have nice kids at my school. I feel pretty lucky.

Tomorrow the students are having their Valentine's Day dance...and this time, instead of supervising in the gym, I'll be supervising the detention room. Fun stuff! Wonder who will be in there...for the Christmas Dance, there wasn't a detention room, so I wonder how many kids got in trouble, or whatnot.

I should be doing some marking...but I'm a wee bit tired and a tad lazy. Oh, well...I think I deserve a nice off night with music and blogging. I've been pretty good with going to bed early this past week...and no napping! Yikes. It's hard. The chiquita in me really loves a good siesta.

March Break is only in a month. Ottawa, here we come! Can't wait to see Cyn again...it'll only be for a day, but it'll be worth it! Hopefully we'll be able to skate on the canal by then...guess we'll see.

Ok, that's it for me right now,

H.

No comments: