Wednesday, February 02, 2011

HALLELUJAH

February is FINALLY here. What better way to start this month than with a snow day! No work on a Wednesday is a-ok with me...

It's unbelievable how much snow we have been getting over here. Makes me count the days until I'm back in Spain even more. I was chatting with an old Spanish roommate of mine from Huelva, and he was telling me how they were dying of cold over there with -3 degree temperatures.

Ha. I've forgotten what that feels like. Anyone care for some -28 degree temperatures? Why am I here, again?

Oh, yeah. I've got a good teaching job, a nice house, a good boyfriend..yaddah yaddah yaddah. Let me dream of warmer, sunnier places anyway.

Today I watched the movie Groundhog Day, with Bill Murray. What a great movie, so well written and acted. I can't believe that I had never seen this movie before. I missed out! It must have been hard filming some of those scenes over and over again...

This month will hopefully be a lot less painful. I'm doing a short Carnaval unit with my students, there's Family Day up ahead and our hotel with jacuzzi to look forward to. I'm also hoping that my report cards are alright and that my principal won't send them back to me, with a million corrections.

We are supposed to get more cold, snowy days up ahead...not enough to warrant anymore snow days for quite some time, but just enough to get annoyed by it all. You know what I mean. Those 3-5 cm or 5-10 cm snowy days, where you have to shovel a lot and get up extra early to clear your car...yeah, those. Yucky.

Oh, well. I have some outdoor activities planned for my students for the Quebec Carnaval celebrations. I'm planning on having them play outside tomorrow, but it looks like it will be bitterly cold in the a.m.=-23 degrees. Ick. I might just be able to take my afternoon classes outside. The morning ones will have to wait until it gets a bit warmer again. Such is the wintertime!

At least it'll be sunny tomorrow. Ah, the sun...

Ticket prices are still 995 bucks. Are they ever going to budge? Yeah, probably...but most likely upwards. Something tells me I'll be getting my ticket this month. One can't wait too long before prices skyrocket.

Hasta luego amigos,

H.

No comments: