Saturday, November 12, 2005

I should forget my keys more often!

Well, here I am...back in my own apartment again! You know what happened to me last night? After work, I was walking home when I suddenly realised that I had forgotten my keys in the apartment. Of course, I tried to ring for my roomate but nobody was home...also, he didn´t reply to my phone calls. So, what to do at 10pm? CALL THE IRISH FOLK! So I called Gavin and Dervla and met up with them at this bar called La Antigua, where we all had these awesome tapas...Their friend Valentin was also there (great guy from Romania, absolutely hilarious) and we ended up hopping from bar to bar, and drinking way too much wine and this other peach-tasting drink (I cant remember its name for the life of me). They just kept telling me: what do you want to drink? what do you want to drink? I did pay for one round of drinks, so at least I paid my share too :P Ah, Heinekens and peachy drinks...
I crashed at their place afterwards..it was about 3:30 a.m. or so. Their apartment is really cool, heheheh I will probably be seeing that place a lot.....it is so huge and has 2 guest beds!!! They also have a lot of antique furniture and everything from the people who used to live there...so yeah, really really cool place. I'm happy that they found such an awesome apartment.
Today we all slept in until about 12:30 in the afternoon...then, we went shopping! There is a ginormous mall here that I had never seen before! It had such awesome selection and had really really really good prices...I couldn't believe it! Next weekend I am going to go on a shopping spree, I am soo excited! I need to get new shoes and new pants, some new sweaters, and...hahahahhah yeah yeah...can you tell I haven't been shopping in ages? I haven't bought myself a new article of clothing since I have arrived here.....I know!! Well, I have a lot of clothes here already, but I am planning on throwing some old stuff away or giving it to charity...I need a change :) I'm already excited on my upcoming new purchases, lol! Really, and attached to this great mall is a huge grocery store, cheap again! This is a really good quality mall, and I almost fell over everytime I would look at the prices...Seriously, Eve, you would adore this place! I wish you could come shopping here with me, hehehe.
I got a bit nostalgic when I saw the mall...it reminded me of Canada a lot, but in honesty...it had much better prices..and they are in Euros to boot!
Wow...it had been 4.5 months since I had stepped in a real, enclosed, indoor mall. Seemed like forever!
I had a really nice day with Gavin and Dervla, and we all did our groceries together, it was nice. I felt like I was their 3rd roomate, lol. They are such awesome people, so nice and friendly...always there to lend a hand when you need it!
So last night, I was mad that I had forgotten my keys...but now I am thinking that it wasn't such a bad thing in the end after all :) We had an awesome time together...long live forgetfulness!

1 comment:

Clara said...

Oh love, if only you knew how pointless the shopping is here. There are no pants here that could possibly fit my hips and exquisite posterior. Everything is size 4 for buttless women. Also the fashion is just not to my taste here. I like lace, I like sparkly... but they just go over board here. Too cutsy, not sexy... I only bought one single piece of clothing and I still wonder why I did. Or maybe since ive been here I have lost all interest in shopping... i know, I must have fallen on my head or something. I guess there are better things I would prefer spending my money on, like evening out with friends or food (which ive been eating way too much of since ive been here.) Keep up the blog, I check it everyday! Love you