Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Wow, writing on a Tuesday night...what´s wrong with me?

Well, here I am...back home, after a long day. I am kinda dreading next week...and the week after that. I am just wondering how the next intensives will go...I am going to be so so busy again (as if I am not busy enough with regular classes!). The last intensive course was AWESOME. The guards were so much fun to teach; we always had good discussions and always ended the class in a fun way. The next intensive class will be different since the students will be at a lower level (this reduces conversation time of course), which means that I will do most of the talking, which means that I will be more tired at the end of the day. I hope that their personnalities will be good at least. Well, we´ll see. At the very least, if they turn out to be shy, quiet students, it will only be for 10 days...
Wow. So tomorrow is Wednesday already. November seems to be flying by (wonder if it will fly by for the next two weeks!) I am already so excited for Xmas! I can´t wait to go to Germany now...it will be so much fun! Yayyyy...the last time I was in Germany for Xmas was 10 years ago..man, time flies!
On another note: Today I got an interesting email in my Hotmail Inbox. It was a job offer for a language school in Alcorcon, Madrid! I used to be a member of this website called Madridman.com, and some person saw that I had posted something about wanting to teach English, and then they emailed me today asking if I was still living there and if I wanted to teach at a Language school in Alcorcon! Man, if I would still be living there I would have jumped at the opportunity! It´s funny how things happen sometime. Of course, I am way happier living here and everything...so I wrote them an email saying that I wasn´t living there anymore and that I was already teaching somewhere else. :P
Today I had an hour break between classes, and went for a nice long walk in the rain. It was really refreshing. I also wanted to go pick up my pics at the photo store, but the lady said that they would only be ready for tomorrow. Grrrr...I should have gone to a one-hour photo place. Oh well. I will try going on Thursday (since I am going to be too busy tomorrow). I hope that they will turn out nice...I want to send them to everybody (I asked the lady to put them all on a cd).
The cat is going ballistic in my closet. She howled for me to open it, and now she is jumping everywhere inside. What a nut. Why do I love her again? Oh yeah, cuz she farts when she sits in my lap. Guess it´s a Pencov thing ;) And an Ayoub thing. We like our "prouts". Hahahaha
It has been raining a lot here for the past few days...but I don´t mind it. It soothes me, actually. It´s very calming in general.
I really like my bosses. They are so nice and helpful, I feel as though I can chat with them as if they were my buddies. It´s great! I always speak in French to them, since they are from France. It is really practicing my French...I swear to God, Eve and Cyn, when you will see me again I will speak with a much better accent. I am already losing the Quebecois accent, little by little. It´s awesome....and it is interesting to compare the quebecker French to the French from France. There are SO many differences, it is unbelievable!
Apparently, all of my friends in Madrid are broke (that´s why I haven´t been getting a lot of sms from anybody). Am I ever happy to have a real full-time job! I guess Canterbury doesn´t give that many hours in the end...I had finally gotten an sms from R today and he told me that he barely has enough money for his phone, that´s why he hasn´t sent me any sms. I guess that V has the same problem...man, I really wish I could hear from him, at least some kind of email! Well, at least Kitty is going to be in Madrid soon again (she had left in July). I want to see her for the second week of December, when I have a 4 day weekend ;) I want to go clubbing again with everybody (we´ll see who can afford it, man).
Other than that, everything is good here. I can´t wait to speak with my parents again, I haven´t spoken to them for 1.5 weeks now...maybe they will be home this weekend and we will be able to chat again (crosses fingers).
Ok, that´s all for me, I am really tired now and should go to bed soon....since I have an early morning class at 7:45 a.m. (yeah, pretty early, eh?)
H.

No comments: