Saturday, January 14, 2006

One chupito, Two chupito, Three chupito floor...

Last night, or should I say "this morning" was quite a part-ay night. After my one and only class (Oh, how I love my semi three-day weekends) me and my new coworker from the UK Kevin went to the movies. After having perused the time schedule and playlist for the umpteenth time, we finally decided to let ourselves be surprised and to go see a genuine Spanish movie called "Vida y Color". I suggested to Kevin that we go see that movie, because movies that you´ve never heard anything of sometimes prove to be the most interesting of them all. Sure enough, we were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the movie. No, I won´t go into detail of what happened, but it´s about life in Spain in the 1970´s and the trials and tribulations of a young teenage boy growing up amidst the time when Franco is nearing death. There´s also a lot of talk about colours in the film, with the boy dreaming of owning a colour t.v. and how he hates a life of black and white. What I understood from all of this is that Spain was in some sort of black shadow because of Franco, and all were yearning to own their "colour tv´s", to see the light of the real world outside. The boy´s grandfather also dreams of a new world where Franco is finally "dethroned". The whole colour theme is accentuated by the boy reading oodles of comic books throughout the movie and being an avid collector of colourful cards (depicting, oddly enough, parts of body...).
Of course, there is much more to the film and about the boy´s personal troubles, but as I said, I won´t go into very much detail ;) You´ll just have to rent it.
After the movie, Kevin told me that he was going to go have some drinks with his roomates. He asked me if I wanted to come, and even though it was actually bone-numbing cold last night, I agreed. It´s always nice meeting new people, plus Kevin said that one of his roommates was German.
So, we met up with his roomates and some friends at around 11pm at this bar called Domino. We ordered this GINORMOUS drink (can´t remember the name) and of course, me being a lightweight in all sense of the word, couldn´t finish it, so I gave it to Kevin. I was only about 1/4 done with the enormous "copa" when I already started feeling extremely drunk. I knew that if I was going to stay up until God knows when, I would have to take it slow.
Afer that, we went to another bar, this time called El Mexicano. We all had some Margaritas, and to tell you the truth I thought that it tasted God-awful, and AGAIN, I had to give some of it to somebody else...this time, it was the German guy Jan (pronounced Yan) who I gave it to. I found his dialect funny...it´s quite a different German than from I how talk. It was great talking German again though...plus another Spaniard there named Eduardo was also able to speak German. However, I told him that I wanted to speak Spanish with him to improve myself.
After that, we went to yet another bar closer to the cinema, and there I had a melon Chupito, which was quite nice. :) Chupitos are little shots by the way..and of course I was able to finish that...it was really quite delicious actually! At that bar, we met about 3 more people who were just soooo nice. They were all Spaniards, and two of them were English teachers at a school in Logroño (although to be quite honest I didn´t find their English THAT great...I guess that´s why the quality of English learning suffers in Spain..not enough people who know English well enough to teach it properly..but of course I didn´t say anything, :P). I spoke Spanish with them, which was great, and they were just so funny and outgoing, it was great. I barely met this one guy when 2 minutes later he is inviting me to his birthday party!
After that bar, we went to another one closer to Calle Laurel, where there are just bars lined up next to each other...quite a great street! There, I had a nutty flavoured chupito, which tasted so-so...not that good actually, when I rethink about it. Everyone else kept ordering big glasses of vodka or rum with coke or fanta limon, but if I would have done that I would have been having spasms on the floor :P
After that, we went to yet another bar where I had my FINAL (yes, ladies and gentlemen) chupito which was DISGUSTING. It was a coffee-flavoured chupito...and no, not as in tasty moccachino coffee..I mean as in I-can-taste-the-coffee-beans-oh-my-God-there-is-one-piece-floating-in-my-drink kinda chupito. I just downed it with closed eyes, let´s just say.
Well, by this point it was only around 2:30 a.m....so, the night still being young, at my request, we all went to Graff, my favourite disco bar. Although the disco bar was hardly jumping with people, I started getting my groove on and of course went bonkers when Hung Up from Madonna started playing. I also did a lip-sync medley to Grease with one of my new friends when that song came up...it was real great fun!
The best part was watching kevin dance with a woman who could have been his grandma...hahaha we all practically crapped ourselves..she was soooo into it! Afer that first dance with him, she kept coming back for more..it was hilarious, needless to say :)
Kevin ordered baileys for all of us (thinking they were going to be little glasses, as is customary in the UK) and instead gets this huge ass glasses handed to him. Hahaha, now, of course I wasn´t able to drink it all, so I gave it to Eduardo...
After that, at around 4 in the morning, we went to Iñigo´s apartment and just watched some music videos (others still had drinks, I settled with water)...nice guy that he is, Iñigo drove us all back home (no, don´t worry...he actually DIDN´T drink at all...pretty responsible guy) at around half past 5...so that was great, since I soooo didn´t feel like walking home after that.
Now, if I would have actually finished ALL of my drinks last night, I would be a disaster today. But, since I was only able to finish the chupitos, I´m actually feeling quite well today, except for the inevitable tiredness since I went to bed at 5:30 and woke up at 11:30 (yeah, what the hell is wrong with me).
You know what the best part is? I didn´t spend ONE SINGLE CENT. I did feel a bit guilty, but heck...people were always offering me drinks! I like how it´s usually one person who pays for everything, lol...oh, I feel bad...but....meh! ;)
Today I need to do groceries and run a few little errands...I will probably take a short nap in the afternoon (yawn). I might also watch a DVD, since my brother burned me so many great ones...
Hmmm..although I am invited to this birthday party, part of me just wants to stay home and relax...if I go out again tonight, I know that I won´t be sleeping again until 6 in the morning! I´ll have to take a raincheck with them, I know that those peeps go out all the time, so I think that it´s best that I just relax tonight....
But man, what great fun. Good times, good times...
Wow, it´s only Saturday? Thank God, it feels like a Sunday :P
Anybody wanna come to España and experience the chupito experience with me? There must be a trillion different kinds of flavours...but take the melon, the melon is where it´s at!!!
love you all, until soon, your chiquitita Heidi xoxooxoxox

No comments: