Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday Afternoon Musings

I hate being tired. I´m sitting here at home right now, and I just finished my lunch...why do we feel tired after having eaten? My next class is at 4:30pm, so I still have a bit of time to spare. I don´t really feel like taking a nap though (but I might succomb to the inevitable)...
Wednesdays are usually very very long. I try not to dread Wednesdays, but sometimes it´s hard. It also doesn´t help that it´s January...I have always hated this month, for some reason. The weather is really mild today though, so I really shouldn´t be complaining...ergh, but no sun...I am craving my vitamine D. Hopefully it will be nice this weekend. I would love to just sit in the sun all afternoon, and write in my journal or something...
I will probably go see another movie this weekend, maybe again another Spanish one...there is supposed to be a really funny Spanish movie called "Al otro lado de la cama", which means The Other Side of the Bed. Hmmm, we´ll see...
I am so excited for Feb.10th...can´t it February already? We have reserved our hostel already, and I booked my flight last week...so everything is pretty much ready :) It will be nice to leave for London, kinda like a short mental break for me :)
This week, for some reason, the little kids have been acting like hooligans. You get your good days with them, and your bad...hopefully the group named "Pokemon" won´t give me too much of a headache this evening.
Nothing too new to report, although I have made some plans for myself, for the year 2006 (yes, yet again). This time though, I think that I will stick with them...I think that this is really what I want to do.
I am thinking of going to Australia sometime in July to go visit Shane...if I don´t go this year, I don´t know if I will ever go! With him being there, I have a great excuse to go...plus, I found a pretty great website with sweet deals, so hopefully my ticket won´t end up being too too expensive. I had thought about travelling throughout Europe before coming back to Canada, but flying to Australia was always a bigger dream...maybe this year I will finally go!
I am planning on flying back to Canada with my Lucy in early July and then leaving for Oz...then, to come back in August and give off my resume to several ESL companies throughout Toronto...I am very excited just thinking about all of this, and I hope that I am not getting too overexcited about everything.
It will be SUCH a pain in the butt bringing the cat AND my luggage back, but I hope that it won´t be too too difficult (my mom helped me when I arrived in Spain but probably won´t be able to help me again since she will be working).
Wow, the sun just crept out...how nice. It´s a little windy today, but nice and mild...a southern wind.
Oh, we are getting a new female teacher sometime in February, which is also exciting news...I think that I need to bond with more girls, I mean, I have great girl friends at work, but I don´t feel extremely extremely close to them...we get along super well and talk a lot, but I feel so...different from them :P Maybe it´s because I am younger? In Madrid, I bonded with a lot of nice girls who were my age...I miss Kitty actually, she was awesome..I wonder how she is doing, I should email her...
So we´ll see. Hopefully the new girl is cool and not too old. Kevin will be a nice addition, I believe. He´ll be doing a lot of company teaching, so we might not see him around too much, but still, it´s nice to have an additional number on my cell :P
In a way, I feel that January is flying by, but also in another way, it´s as if it´s not. Maybe I am just thinking way too ahead of myself, and that is why I feel so in-the-present but also "ahead". Weird feeling.
I am excited though for what 2006 has to offer...I don´t know, I feel as if it is going to be a great year...I hope that I am right :)
I also hope that I will be able to save enough money for all of my plans, well, so far so good...
That´s it for now...until soon
Heidi xoxoxoo

No comments: