Saturday, October 07, 2006

It's a little bit funny, this feeling inside...

My little students are SO cute. There are actually a lot of little angels...of course, a few monsters roam around as well, but overall I have very good students. My schedule, after the first week, is already full...so that's good. Hopefully there won't be anymore changes to my schedule (there shouldn't, really).
I danced, I sang, I sprang, did the robot a-la-simon-says...and oh yeah, I'm getting payed for this, and more than at Inlingua. It's amazing what energy I have to use for the younger kids classes, but I'm having a good time with the children and love seeing them laugh and excited when we are playing together. I'm gaining valuable experience with really young children, and I know that after this year is over, I'll feel even more prepared to start Teacher's College. I really do want to pursue teaching.
The pre-teens are alright. I like them, although their oral level is really low (which is no surprise...remember what I had said about my teens from last year? Same thing). We should be getting the books soon, although I'm not counting on getting them next week...we'll see. Inlingua prepared me for teaching without books (took about a month for all of them to arrive, I remember).
I have more adult 1:1 classes. I have yet to meet one more adult, but the ones that I have already taught seem very nice and friendly.
So yeah, it's a packed schedule and I'm working a lot on Fridays as well, but most of my mornings will be free (Monday 12:30-1:30 conversation class), so I guess it's not too bad in the end. Inlingua made me work mornings, afternoons and evenings, which was a bit crazy for a while, so I should be able to work with this new schedule...takes always a bit of time to get used to a new routine, but I'm ready for it.
I'm happy with our work atmosphere. My coworkers are great, and we went out for some drinks and montaditos (little sandwiches that only cost 1 euro each!!!) last night.
So, now it's the weekend again, and I'm probably going to tackle yet another TC essay...U of O and U of T are done, so we'll see which other U's essay I'll start.
(yawn) I might go to bed for a snooze later on, as well.
So now it's October already...and on the 12th we have a holiday. Next week will be nice and short. I'll still have to come to work next Friday because we don't get "puentes", but perhaps some of my adults will cancel...
I feel like I have no anecdotes or interesting stories to tell, unfortunately. I've just been busy at work this week, getting everything organized and learning 63 names by heart (which, I'm proud to say, I did quite nicely).
I was thinking of dressing up for the kiddies for Hallowe'en, but they don't really celebrate it here. Argh. Oh well, I'll bring some sweets.
Anyways, that's it for me for now, have a good one everybody :)
P.S. It's still around 26 degrees here, so EAT IT xoxoxoxoxooxxxoxoox H

No comments: