Monday, February 06, 2006

First cold of winter 2006

Ugh...(takes a sip from 10th cup of tea). The winter demon finally got to me: a full-blown cold! Here I was, thinking that I would manage to escape its clutches since I´m in sunny Spain. Wrong!
Well, I guess I probably caught it due to the fact that I take long weekend walks right by the Ebro river where the winds are colder and harsher....yesterday was a sunny day, so I stupidly took my long walk with my coat half-way open....dammit, it wasnt even really cold! Oh well...too late now :P
One of my early afternoon classes got cancelled today, so that was awesome...I tried to nap a little more, but unfortunately I couldnt...maybe it is all the caffeine from the tea in my system.
The weekend was very relaxing, I didnt do too much at all yesterday, and that is just fine by me, since I make it a point to do the least bit possible on a Sunday...so I just watched some telly and took my usual walk *for which I am now paying the consequences....oh, you sure can fool, mr. sun!
It is another beautiful day today, and we are expecting 11 degrees and sunny practically all week...yayyyy...In just 4 days I am going to London for a weekend trip of a lifetime :) I hope that we will have decent weather...but if not, meh, we will make the best of it.
Ivanie, I dont know what the heck is the matter with you, but you STILL havent updated your blog...and you told me that you would LAST weekend, lol....we are all waiting with......anticipation *insert rocky horror inside joke here.
*sneeze sneeze
I can just imagine how bad my cold will be by the end of my workday....ohhhh dear. God help me. I hope that it will go away by Friday at least. *crosses fingers
So, I talked again with my mom and dad yesterday and it looks as if she will be coming during the first weekend of March or so...yayy :) It will be so nice to see her, plus I will get rid of a lot of crap...well, as much as I can!
While trying to nap a little while ago I started thinking about everything that has happened to me since my arrival in Spain. I feel like a different person in some ways..I havent really changed, but my perspectives on life have a little. I am pretty happy living independently, and think that I am doing very well for my first year of teaching. Yesterday when I was talking with my parents I realized more and more that I could live another year here....yes, I do miss them, but my life is merely beginning and there is a whole lot left to see of Europe. I am not very homesick at the moment...
I am also already looking forward for Spring...when does it officially start? April? I dont remember...
Man, I cant believe that I have been living here now for over 7 months...time really does fly by, in some ways.
Until soon, your chiquitita with her mugs of tea Heidi xoxoxoxo

No comments: