Sunday, February 26, 2006

Feeling Better

Well, as it turns out, I made a good decision in staying home this weekend and recuperating...it was raining last night anyways, and my roommate (he works in a local bar) told me this morning that I didn´t miss much because there weren´t too many people dressed up for the carnival.
I was glad to hear that, because I was kinda miffed at being sick again...
Today though, after a good sleep (I´ve been having good dreams lately, I don´t know what I dreamt of last night, but I woke up laughing...that never happened before) and a nice webcam chat with Shane, I decided to go swimming at the sports center called Las Norias. It was snowing a lot today (which later turned into rain) but I just dressed up warmly and marched myself towards the center...and by golly it was worth it. My body feels so nice and relaxed now...you know, in a good, pooped way? :)
I will buy myself a new swimsuit soon and a swim cap (it´s mandatory at the sports center...I didn´t know that...at carleton we weren´t obliged to wear one. I actually borrowed an extra one from the lifeguard, lol...at least he was nice to me). It was a nice, relaxing swim, it being Sunday and most people probably huddling in front of the tv, wondering in awe at the snow which rarely falls in LogroƱo.
I shall have to make Dearbhla and Theresa come with me...if not, meh, I can go alone..it´s pretty relaxing and since everything is closed on a Sunday in Europe, there´s nothing else to do! Forget about even doing groceries....the only things that are open are cafeterias...that´s it.
It´s only 3:55pm now and I shall probably spend the rest of my Sunday watching tv and listening to music...it´s still kinda rainy outside...
The cat´s sleeping, as usual....
It´s a nice sleepy, quiet Sunday :)
I´m so happy that my cold is gone, now I just have some mucus to deal with...thank God I drank so many teas and rested up...I so needed it.
Wow, my mom´s coming next weekend...I can´t believe it. I hope that I won´t cry too much, since I get so emotional with my parents (and close friends, and sappy commercials, and the World Wildlife Fund, and...oh screw it...ok, I´m a crybaby). It will be so nice to see her again. :)
well, that´s it for me...March is in just 3 days!
see you soon
Heidi xoxoxo

No comments: