Sunday, September 03, 2006

lazy hot sunday...

So for the past few days the temperature has been at a steady 33-35 degrees. Today though, it´s 38. We´re in September now, no? Maybe this is the short roast season before autumn begins...
Yesterday was fun. After a day at the beach with my friends Ana, Alberto and Abel (oh my God I just noticed that all their names start with "A". The A Team!!! Maybe I should switch my name back to the way "Heidi" was just a few decades ago: Adelheid) I headed out to Punta Umbria with Abel for a late dinner and a night of fun and dancing. We had some great little tapas: croquetas de pollo, ensalada mixta and coquillas (little fried chicken pieces, mixed salad and little sea shell thingys that were extremely delicious). From about 1:30 until 7 a.m., Abel and I boogied our way through several bars and a big outdoor discoteca. It was fun, and I actually didn´t cut my feet on the broken glass that was lying around everywhere (I don´t know why they don´t switch to plastic cups...it would be a hell of a lot safer AND the bar would save lots of money on glasses).
So what did I do today? Well, since I came home at around 8-ish, I basically slept throughout most of the day. As I´m typing this it´s 8pm and I really haven´t done too much. Not that that´s a bad thing...everything is dead and closed on Sundays. I got up at around 2:30 pm, showered, cleaned the apartment, read my awesome new book and fell asleep again on the couch...woke up at around 7pm again, made myself some fish and veggies and did the dishes....and here I am. What an EXHAUSTING day, eh?
Incidentally, the knoo looks dead from all of this heat. She´s a little insane in that she still sleeps UNDER my blanket...when I´m sweating from just sitting around in short shorts and a thin tank top. She likes sleeping there, though. I think it´s a comfort thing, since she´s been doing that ever since she was a wee poo. She´s sooo funny, when she awakes from her slumbers her meows sound like croaks...SOMEBODY needs a glass of water, eh lucy knoo?
I love my kitty.
Tomorrow my academy opens, but just to let new students register and things like that. The official first day of classes is Oct. 2nd....seems late for us, but it´s like that all over Spain. It´s the insane heat that forces directors and profs to start later during the year. Anyways, I´ll have to go over there probably sometime tomorrow or later during the week to finalize the contract and give them some of my info, passport, etc...I´m excited and nervous. Starting a new job is always scary...but in a good way. Although I am a bit nervous for Oct. 2nd, I´m dying to start and meet my students. Hopefully most of them will be a joy to teach.
In other news....Morocco is booked! 3 days and 2 night starting as of the 8th of Sept :) We also rented a car, so that should be good. I´m so excited! It will be me, Abel and Ana´s roommate Laura, who is a bit shy but a nice girl overall.
Greece is also booked...ready and raring to go! I´ll arrive late on the 14th in Athens and then wait a lil bit to pick up Shane early on the 15th...fun times :)
It´s an exciting month.....2 trips, teacher´s college applications, preparing for my new job, etc etc....
And don´t you all worry; there will be plenty of pictures again....
Top 5 websites I usually visit when I have nothing better to do:
1. My friend´s blogs
2. www.thesuperficial.com LOVE IT...fan for the past 2 years now...
3. www.liquidgeneration.com Check out "How to snag a fag" by Ghetto Stilleto...it´s a gem. "Stop the car...I feel like dancing!"
4. Yahoo weather for Spain (some things never change)
5. www.nasa.gov Shit...I better choose a new fave planet now that Pluto is out of the picture... Yes, incidentally I did used to watch Babylon 5 a lot AND Star Trek classics from the 60´s AND Star Trek the Next Generation. Might be my brother who got me into this stuff...we used to watch those shows together all the time. There´s also nothing like reading about Dark Matter and listening to a reproduced audio of The Big Bang (which actually sounded like a deep, long hum) on a hot, sunny night.
I´ve scared you all enough.
xoxoxoxooxox H.

No comments: