Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ready and Rarin´to go

Back in Huelva. How has everyone been? It´s a crazy time right now...I´ve started teaching some private French classes at the academy, am in the midst of Teacher´s College Applications, and am preparing myself mentally for all of my new classes that will begin in just a few days now. But, I guess that after almost 3 months of vacation, I´m decidedly ready to restart work! I am missing feeling mentally busy...I´ve had a really GREAT summer with lots of travel, but now I´m really ready to get back to the grindstone.
There´s apparently a new teacher from England named Donna who will be arriving in Huelva shortly...she doesn´t speak a lot of Spanish, so hopefully I´ll be able to help her out. I´m eager to meet new people...I haven´t even met any of my coworkers yet! The meeting on the 26th will surely change all of that :)
Hmmm...for some reason it won´t let me post any pictures...will try to post some next time, promise.
Anyway, Athens was amazing! I had such a great time with Shane...we saw some incredible ruins and temples...The Acropolis, The Temple of Zeus, Ancient Agora, The Theatre of Dionysos, and many other beautiful old monuments/buildings where we didn´t know their names. I have some really great pics to post, so stay tuned.
4 days and 3 nights were more than enough to see Athens...and we also spent a Sunday in Nafplio, a little town that was about 2.15 hours away from the capital. It was a great little trip with lots of little tourist spots...nice lil restaurants as well. The weather was incredible to us and it only rained during the night. Athens is still a hot city at this time of the year. Shane and I both agreed that we chose the perfect time to meet up together in Athens...not TOO hot, not rainy and cold.
In Nafplio we climbed 800(!) steps to get to a beautiful, huge old fort at the top of this giant hill overlooking the sea and town. The view was spectacular...and my calfs were KILLING me by the time we reached the top. Now that was a workout, but it was really worth it.
While we were in Nafplio, walking through the little sidestreets, we heard a girl´s "cries of delight", if-u-know-what-i-mean. We looked upwards and saw a sign, "hostal", so that explained some things, hehe. Ah, Greece.
Greeks are known for being good lovers? I actually found most of the greek population...a little hard on the eyes, actually. Rachel, what do you think? You agree with me?
I LOVED the greek salad....I can´t believe I used to hate Feta cheese. Yes, you may cringe. We had really great food during our stay...the greeks sure know how to eat well :)
I was obsessed with finding a Hermes statue...and on the very last day, Shane noticed a tiny statue that cost only 5 bucks. I also got a Hermes magnet for the fridge. What can I say? I´m a sucker for Mr. Messenger.
Guess what I´m listening to right now? Shane made me buy it in Greece so that he could rip it unto his new laptop (I´m such a great gf): Justin Timberlake´s : FutureSex/Lovesounds. It´s a solid cd, although it took me a few listens to really start to like it. I believe that SexyBack is by far the most instantaneous likeable hit.
Here is my top 5 from the new JT album....
1.Lovestoned (it´s REALLY good...and I´ve had the sexyback song enough in my head already)
2.SexyBack (still wish to hear it in a club)
3.FutureSex/Lovesounds(a nice sexy sound...not too fast, great groove to it)
4.Sexy Ladies
5. Losing my Way (very different from the other songs...I love the choir at the end, and the lyrics are poignant)

There are a few songs that are so-so, but overall it´s worth buying. I can imagine Prince singing some of these, easily. People magazine did a good job in rating this CD...
Alright, I´m tuning out for now....gotta go to work soon. love you all and HAPPY B-DAY MISS IVANIE, 24....wish I was there to celebrate with you :P xoxoxoxoxo H.

No comments: