Sunday, January 07, 2007

Biggy 2007

I'm back.
My 2 weeks in Canada were simply great. I had a wonderful time with my family and friends and just like I had predicted, didn't feel that 2 weeks were enough. It was just so nice to finally get to see my parents´new house and to be pampered with good food at home.
On Christmas morning, my father finally arrived home and we opened presents. Never had there been so many people at our house for xmas. It was nice.
In the late afternoon I went to Shane's grandmother's and finally met a lot of his relatives and got to talk to his parents for more than just 2 minutes (grad ´05). Everyone was very welcoming and friendly and I had a delicious dinner (albeit later than everyone else cuz by the time I had arrived everyone had already finished). In the evening, we went back to Shane's place and exchanged gifts...Shane got me a beautiful amber pendant from Egypt, and Depeche Mode´s Best Of CD, and a piece of coral from when he was at the Red Sea. He also wrote me a beautiful card which had a nice photo of the giza pyramids on it. From his parents, I got a silver necklace for the pendant. :) Heidi was a happy girl (and still is).
We later went to see Dreamgirls which was a big dissapointment. Half of the audience was laughing during the music sequences. I, was sometimes one of them.
On the 26th Shane came over to my place for a turkey dinner and finally got to meet my own folks. He also came over on another day when we all played Uno...grrr and he beat us all while talking on the phone to Mairin (it was her birthday that day). I think he won 3 times...argh. My day shall come! ;)
New Years, in my opinion, was fun enough. Yeah, the music sometimes sucked and the crowd seemed a little strange, but it was great just being surrounded by friends. I think we were also glad that Rachel felt better after around 11-ish...yikes.
(sigh) Too bad I couldn't go to Dance Cave with all of you on the 5th (but you know, I had other matters to tend to, like jetting off the continent). Hope you all had a great time...argh so jealous! I feel like I just got to experience 1% of what TO has to offer...I think I would like that city a lot if I got the chance to live there.
I really wish I could have had more time with all of you, but it's hard when you only have 2 weeks and you want to be with so many people at once. Hopefully summer of ´07 will rectify that. I miss you all so much and can't wait to hang out with you again!
Evy, Shane told me that you liked my little gifts...it wasn't much, but I just wanted to show my best bud how much I miss her and appreciate her.
So my flight went well, although it was all excruciatingly LONG. I had my own personal TV screen again but the SOUND didn't work. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I could have watched The Queen!!!!!! I was so frickin' mad, you have no idea. You guys know how angry technology can make me...(eve especially). So yeah, I spent the whole flight back to Brussels sleeping and not finishing my in-flight meals. Not that they were bad, I was just tired and a bit miffed. So sleep overtook. The flight from Brussels to Madrid was non-eventful and I slept some more. Iberia always sucks anyways. You don't even get free snacks. Nothing.
Then I took the bus back to Huelva from Madrid...and slept some more during the trip. I also listened to my Belle and Sebastian Tigermilk CD and realised that it was very good.
I saw a lot of cartoons over the holidays. Happy Feet with Shane on the 1st (good, not amazing, but good), Cars (pay-per-view at home), and Chicken Run at Shane's place. I guess I like cartoons...nothing wrong with that, right?
I could write so much more about this trip, my 2 weeks were just really great. I managed to spent a good chunck of my time with my parents, so that was nice...I also finished my book Teacher Man by Frank McCourt yesterday and started The Odyssey by Homer. It's interesting and reminds me of my Myth and Symbol class readings, so it should prove to be good.
Tomorrow is back to work day...it's always a slap in the face to restart, but I think that I need the work routine. It'll be nice to see Belen and Donna again, too.
Oh man...I have SO MUCH to do this week...a lot of xmas decorations to take off, undecorate the class' xmas tree, make new star posters, new attendance sheets...
Ok, let's not think about that yet. One day at a time, right? This year seems to be flying faster than last year anyway...
I hope all of you had great holidays, and I can't wait to see you again this summer...I miss you all so much already and love you to pieces.
Did anyone make New Year's resolutions? I would LIKE to stop biting the skin around my fingers, but it's sooo hard. I'll try though.
Shane, thank your family again for everything...that dinner at that French restaurant was really nice as well...
Ok everybody, have a great start to 2007 and I had a nice time with all of you...looking forward to the sequel xoxoxoxoxo H

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Glad you're back in Spain, safe and sound. Too bad you weren't here longer but I'm glad I got to see you anyway! We'll have fun this summer
xoxo