Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Maybe it's because I can't sleep...

...but I´m suddenly in the mood for some late-night blog posting which involves pictures taken over the holidays. I'll deal with the "awwwmygawwwd killllll meee now" feeling tomorrow morning when my alarm rings.



This is Bono. Now Rachel, don't start enlarging the pic and looking at it with a magnifier cuz it ain't THAT Bono. It's my Dad. You're probably asking yourself:"Why is this man standing in front of that old horse carriage?" You might also be wondering; "If this is 1885 why wasn't great-granny Hildegard here for some line dancing and the pie baking contest I held after xmas?"

Well, the reason is quite simple: your pies just taste like ass, man. But seriously folks, this is Tillsonburg, Ontario. This is the area where my parents live...and this parking spot is reserved for the Amish that dwell in the area. I had to quiet down my mother several times whenever we'd bump into Amish people at the local Canadian Tire or Shopper's Drug Mart: "Look, Heidi...look!"

Now you believe me that Tillsonburg is 2 hrs away from TO?



















My Dad insisted on taking a picture of me in front of the carriage. We lingered there for quite a while, and I was kinda scared that some crazy Amish with a 5 foot beard would come chasing after me...then I'd trip on his beard and would be forced to look after his 23 children and cook pea soup for the rest of my life.


That horse is probably thinking, "You think YOU got problems?"





Here's my girl. Right before I had to leave you all, we decided to go to the Pickle Barrel for some half yards. I felt too rushed to finish my beer, and as you all know me...it would probably take me a few hours to finish it. I'll try much harder when I'm back in the T-dot...and not feeling all wishy washy knowing that I'm leaving soon.






















My girl and my guy.


Our waitress was a good-for-nothin´but we had a good lil time...

They taught me a new word that day. Apparently I am a pacifist. I know, I know...I'm an English teacher, I should know this, right? But hey, gimme a break, it ain't my first language...;)







Can I doggy-bag this please?









Enough said.































Take this crown and stick it!!!

Props go to Rachel for this one...was it you who had the idea of sticking my paper crown down my pants? The only bad thing about this was ripping it to shreds. Heck no, I take that back...I WAS able to make some spiffy paper earrings out of it.

Gin and Ginger ale never went down so good...or was it Seven Up? Who cares.

Could use some Father Ted humour now..."Drrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnnk!"

Mis amores, hasta luego H...xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo


No comments: