Sunday, January 21, 2007

Insert Best Title. Ever.

This weekend was nice. I FINALLY went to another concert that was happening in the city on Friday night. Yeah, after U2's show in Aug.'05, it was about time, eh? (Checks calendar and blushes)
The band was called Celtas Cortos (The Short Celts) and they played Spanish/Celtic music. It was odd to hear a band sing in Spanish while playing celtic music...but it was awesome! They really got the crowd going with their stomping and hopping around. I loved how 8 men were able to play all kinds of different types of instruments. It made every song seem different and fresh. There were violins, guitars, accordeons, drums, flutes, trumpets, etc etc. For one song they'd quickly change from one instrument to another, never missing a beat. I loved it :)
At my request, we also went out for some chinese food...hmmm...
Yesterday I went to see The Prestige, and liked it. It sure wasn't Babel-goodness, but it had its moments. I was pissed that I wasn't able to hear Micheal Caine's real voice, though. I really like that actor...he does good work. He made The Cider House Rules gold in my opinion. Actually, come to think about it, it's one of my favourite movies. I should watch it again someday...
In other news, mark your calendars: The German's coming home on July 31st. I expect all of you at the airport greeting me with bells and fanfares. Yeah, I can't believe that everything's booked. My mom and I were looking at deals online last monday and found some sweet flights with the German company LTU.
My parents are gonna come see me on the 18th of July and then we'll tour Spain together...then, on the 27th, we´ll fly with Lucy the Wondercat to Duesseldorf to spend a few days with my family there. After, it's bye bye Europe and we're home on the 31st.
I've decided to trek through Italy during the first two weeks of July. Rome, Florence, Naples, Venice and a short day trip to Pisa. Any interested souls? I'm thinking of leaving around the 3rd of July and coming back on the 15th...I'm gonna buy a railpass to make my travels cheaper as well. Oh, and the best thing is that flights from Madrid to Rome are now only 100 euros..so perhaps I should start booking everything in February already and get a headstart on hostals and such. What can I say? God gave me the gift of planning (or is it a curse?).
I think I'm addicted to travelling. Which is good. But also bad.
Shane and I will be travelling to Portugal together sometime in late March (if all works out) and then we'll be spending some time in Paris in early April, when I have a week off for my easter break. Oooh, France! Paris! "Bonjour Paris!"
I guess I don't have to say how much I'm looking forward to this.
So as happy and care-free as this entry may sound, I'm feeling kinda so-so right now since I've just been talking to a teacher friend of mine and he was saying,"Oh, you'll definitely get into all the universities you applied to...except U of T, which is super selective. That one is gonna be hard. Oh, what was your number one choice again?" Urgh. I have to realistically acknowledge that there's a big possibility that I won't get into that school. I shouldn't freak out about it right now, but I have to mentally prepare myself so as not to be totally blah once April comes around.
But enough about that. It makes me edgy.
The weather is supposed to get colder for this week. Colder as in 10 degrees during the day and between 0-5 at night...which is arctic weather here. Time to use the micheline man snowsuits and 7 foot scarves, everybody! It's the North Pole out here...
Meh. Betcha by next week it'll be back to 17 degrees by day and 7 by night. Not that I'm complaining. I cringe thinking about what awaits me for next year...I'm so gonna die. The All Mighty One was very kind to me over the holidays and spared me of frostbite.
I'm running out of things to say and getting sleepy...think I'm just gonna end it here.
To cap things off, I chose an awesome Jesus and his Posse bracelet from the chinese restaurant (you get points when you eat at their establishment..and for 1 awesome-enriched point I decided to get this little gem). Rachel, I thought of you and will likely give it to you when we see each other at the airport and you shower me with posters of Take Off Your Pants while dancing to Men Without Hats songs which you will be blasting on your ghetto stereo.
People might stare but they don't realize how cool it is to dance if you really really want to.
H xoxox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you can dance if you want to...

Whatever, U of T is super selective, but if you can't get in with 2 years teching experience and good application essays (they are good, trust me) then fuck 'em.

You'll get in, anyway... but I just hate most Universities as a rule.

Anonymous said...

As for Italy- skip Pisa. It's a whole lot of "meh" and not really worth the time or the long walk across the "field of miracles" which is really just a large bus parking lot. Besides, you can see that crooked-ass tower from the highway to Rome/Florence. Naples is also garbage and is full of bums (its a port town) so go to the isle of Capri and Pompeii instead. Or go to Venice.

And when/if you go to Paris, go to the catacombs and looks at walls made of skulls. Its the best thing next to the Louvre.