Friday, November 03, 2006

Big, Fat, Ewww

I just came back from running errands in the city centre. I'm soaked!! What an insane storm we've been having this morning! I didn't go out when lightning was acting all crazy and stuff, but I did still venture out when it was raining like mad. I wanted to get to work to prepare my classes at least...but, since we lost electricity this morning, my boss closed the academy and I had to prepare my classes at home. At least I finally went to the bank, went to the pharmacy and dropped off my TC applications at the Correos (let's all chant a luck hymn for lil ol' me).
So now I'm sitting here with the bottom of my pants nicely wet. Nah, I don't feel like changing. Let's just say that I'm in dire need of going shopping for new jeans and the ones I am currently wearing don't scream, "Please stop wearing me out". These ones I'm presently sporting actually still have denim colour in them and have cute pink zippers (wanna know why these still look so new? I barely wore them this past year since I couldn't fit into them anymore...now I can again, hoorah!).
I've been eating very well here in Huelva, better than in LogroƱo. I wonder why? I did have chocolate again when Shane came to visit me (hey, we just had to have our chocolate croissants at least a few times), but since he's left, I've stopped again. It's weird...but hey, not that hard to do. I feel very good about myself.
I'm excited about tonight...cuz it's movie night! As usual, I don't know what I'm gonna go see, but I don't care as long as I'm with friends and we have fun. My Friend Donna is so nice, such a sweet girl. Hopefully Belen will also be coming out with us tonight...
Man. It's just SO gross and grey outside. Thank God Shane came to visit me last week, cuz we would have had a rainy weekend in Punta and Sevilla...and that would have been sucky indeed. Thankfully that did not happen :).
There's a film fest happening in Huelva in about 2 weeks. Sadly, I probably won't be able to go because I'll be working and it'll only be for a week. Maybe I'll be able to catch a flick, we'll see. It's not gonna be as big as the TO one, of course, but it would be interesting to see what films Huelva has to offer. They are all gonna be in Spanish, of course.
I think that I've improved my listening skills a lot simply by going to the theatre every Friday. It's amazing how much Spanish I now understand. I've made myself promise that when I will be back in Canada, I will try to make a lot of Spanish friends, or join some kind of Spanish online group and meet up every few days or weeks. I really DON'T want to lose the ability to speak and understand this great language. Nayeli, want to come back to Canada simply pour moi?
I just felt the bottom of my pants...hmm kinda feeling a bit drier. I'm probably going to try to blowdry them a little. Yes, THAT'S how lazy I am. I ain't changing.
Oh my God I see a tiny patch of blue sky...dare I say it might stop raining? I HATE my umbrella. Actually, I hate all umbrellas of the world. Seriously, when have you ever had an umbrella that you truly loved? I don't know, maybe it's just me but I've always had mine break on me after a few uses. It was somehow actually raining THROUGH my umbrella this morning. The rusted areas are also a nice touch of merde
Hmmmm, maybe I should stop buying mine at chinese stores (shakes fists towards the "Chino Bazaars" of the world).
Alright, time to go have some lunch, keep yourselves warm and dry
xoxoxoxoxox H

No comments: