Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"She's turning the key, unlocking the door, embracing her rollercoaster world"

So...where have I been? A bit here, a bit there...oh, everywhere (except that spot over there).
Shane came to see me from the 25th to the 29th, which was a great little treat. He's already explained our lil adventures in his blog, so I'll let you all wander to his blog for the juicy details on that...I'll just say that I had a great time and was happy to show him my little part of the world, Sevilla included :)
I WAS going to upload some pictures, but blogger is being stupid. Maybe next time.
Today is a national holiday in Spain, which translates into sleeping in until noon and doing 3 loads of laundry. Ugh. I so need socks, lol.
Today I officially finished ALL of my TC applications...hoorah hoorah! Guys, wish me luck...the Heidster desperately wants to get into U of T (gulp).
Too bad I'll only know in April where I'll get accepted...
In other news, it's November. Wow. I didn't dress up for Halloween yesterday, cuz that's just not done here in Spain. Well, there are a few peeps who do care a bit for this festive day, but not many. We just played Halloween games with the students at work and handed out candy.
Next year, I just HAVE TO dress up. Ideas, anyone?
Oh, and my birthday ended up being a blast. We went out for chinese food, went bowling AND went for a boogie at the Buddha bar and danced until about 4:30 a.m. It was pretty fun, although the cigarette stench gets pretty intense after a while. My throat was all scratchy and dry at the end of the night...ugh. Canada, thank you for banning smoking in all public places.
In yet further news, I've grown hooked on watching Family Guy on youtube. There's nothing like coming home from work and unwinding to a fart fest between Peter Griffin and Micheal Moore. Watch the episode...it's pure gold. I nearly cracked my spine from laughing so hard.
Oh, and that lonelygirl15? Punch her where the sun doesn't shine...
Toodles, mis amores, H xoxoxoxooxox

No comments: